Under EU cofinancing, the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) supports projects of Austrian civil society organisations (CSOs) cofinanced by the European Commission. This funding option is available for all development policy-related budget lines of the European Commission that aim at improving conditions of life and reducing poverty in developing countries.
The application must meet the requirements of the European Commission. The request for Austrian funding must be submitted to ADA prior to the approval of an application to the European Commission.
Eligible for application are Austrian development organisations that are approved by the European Commission as contractual partners and can contribute at least five per cent to project costs.
ADA funding cannot exceed EUR 500,000. The amount of aid varies depending on the contribution by the European Commission and the country where the project is to be implemented.
A higher funding rate applies for following countries:
- West Africa: Burkina Faso
- East Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda
- Southern Africa: Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Republic of South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania
- Himalayas-Hindu Kush: Bhutan, Pakistan
- Palestinian Territories
- Danube Region/Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia
- Black Sea Region/South Caucasus: Armenia, Georgia, Moldova
Further information can be found in the funding guidelines.