Framework programmes are carried out by Austrian CSOs together with local partner organisations in one or several developing countries. They contribute to the sustainable improvement of the conditions of life and development prospects for the population in the target regions. Framework programmes promote networking and enable long-term partnerships. They concentrate on substantive and systematic knowledge exchange between organisations in Austria and developing countries and harness a wealth of experience and facilitate learning. They mobilise synergies that raise the effectiveness of measures. The ADA aid requirement for a framework programme is a convincing approach aimed at strengthening the partners, imparting knowledge and know-how and performing advocacy work.
Framework programmes last three years. The overall budget amounts to at least EUR 900,000. The amount of aid depends on the geographical and substantive focus of the programme. Entitled to apply are Austrian CSOs with relevant programme experience, a record of successful cooperation with ADA and adequate human and financial resources. Organisations interested in a framework programme can submit their expression of interest by 28 February.
A higher funding rate applies for following countries:
- West Africa: Burkina Faso
- East Africa: Ethiopia, Kenya, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda
- Southern Africa: Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, Republic of South Africa, Zimbabwe, Tanzania
- Himalayas-Hindu Kush: Bhutan, Pakistan
- Palestinian Territories
- Danube Region/Western Balkans: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia
- Black Sea Region/South Caucasus: Armenia, Georgia, Moldova
Further information can be found in the funding guidelines.