Austrian Development Agency - ADA
Legal status: Company with limited liability
Commercial registration number: FN 243529g
Commercial register court: Vienna Commercial Court
Foundation year: 2004
Owner: 100% Republic of Austria
Applicable legal provisions: Federal Act on Development Cooperation (EZA-G) - see Federal Law Gazette. No. 49/2002 in the version of the Federal Law Gazette I No. 65/2003
Media owner, publisher and producer
Austrian Development Agency
Chairperson: Désirée Schweitzer
Vice-Chairperson: Bernadette Gierlinger
Section 8 of the Federal Development Cooperation Act:
(1) The function of the ADA shall be to prepare and implement measures of development cooperation, with particular attention being paid to their effectiveness in developing countries. The ADA shall fulfil its functions in coordination with other institutions that also undertake development activities. In this context, the ADA shall in particular take over the following tasks:
1. preparation of programmes and projects and conclusion of agreements on measures of development cooperation in the context of the Three-Year Programme (Section 23) as well as implementation of said programmes, projects and measures;
2. support of sustainable economic, social and ecological development in developing countries, utilising Austrian potential;
3. participation in multilateral development cooperation projects in the context of the European Community and other international organisations, in particular by means of acquisition of international means and cofinancing as well as arranging the participation in development projects of enterprises and development organisations;
4. support of assignments of Austrian development workers and experts, in particular in the context of international organisations and institutions;
5. consultancy to the Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs with regard to all principal issues and concerns of development policy and cooperation, and in particular the preparation of the Three-Year Programme
Basic purpose of this website
Provision of information on Austrian Development Cooperation as well as business information
Disclaimer - important legal notice
ADA has made every effort to ensure that the information provided on this website is accurate and complete at the time of publication. It cannot, however, rule out inadvertent errors. ADA assumes no liability for the contents. Despite all efforts, no liability can be borne for the accuracy, completeness or current validity of the information or the availability or operation of the ADA website. Any decisions based on the information provided on the ADA website are therefore the sole responsibility of the user.
The purpose of the ADA website is to facilitate public access to information. It is not, however, intended to provide legal advice.
The contents of this website are not legally binding in the sense of an official document. Nor can ADA guarantee that the version of a document available online is completely up to date.
ADA reserves the right to alter or make additions to the information provided on the website without prior notice.
ADA does not appraise the contents and lawfulness of other websites that can be directly accessed (hyperlinks) from the ADA web pages. ADA has no control over the design and contents of these websites and expressly dissociates itself from the contents presented, at all events from any unlawful contents. ADA bears no responsibility for such contents and is therefore not liable for them.
Notice on wording unbiased to gender
All wording pertaining to persons denotes female and male persons alike.
Concept & Content:
Public Relations of the Austrian Development Agency
Design & production:
MMC Agentur für die digitale Kommunikation GmbH
The Content Management System Typo3 4.x is used for the administration of this website.
Copyright © Austrian Development Agency - All rights reserved.
Austrian Development Agency