Assessment zur dualen Berufsausbildung in Burkina Faso
The main objective of this study is to prepare a valid assessment of current potential and chances, existing and necessary conditions (e.g. institutional, environmental, operational, financial), and crucial challenges and risks for introducing / strengthening dual vocational education and training (VET) or dual VET concepts, approaches, elements in Burkina Faso.
Therefore, the assessment will provide a profound analysis of the existing environment for dual VET in Burkina Faso and provide a sound basis for decisions on any further engagement in dual VET or similar approaches of the Government of Burkina Faso, the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) and other interested stakeholders in Burkina Faso.
Main expected results are:
• To analyze the potential for introducing / strengthening dual VET (respectively dual VET concepts, approaches or elements) as part of Burkina Faso' educational system on a medium-/long-term perspective;
• To identify existing dual VET concepts, approaches or elements in Burkina Faso;
• To name successful implemented projects/programmes in that field;
• To identify national policies, strategies or similar papers which refer explicitly to dual VET and/or include approaches, elements etc. which could be seen as dual VET oriented (e.g. “work based learning”);
• To identify legal conditions, economic conditions, labor market indicators etc. which could be seen as significant pre-conditions for introducing dual VET concepts, approaches or elements;
• To identify and name gaps in policy, environment, any other conditions etc. which hinder the implementation of dual VET approaches or make its implementation impossible;
• To identify criteria which are obligatory for introducing / strengthening dual VET and/or dual VET concepts, approaches or elements in Burkina Faso;
• To identify concrete economic sectors in which the strengthening / introducing of dual VET concept, dual VET approaches or elements are feasible at the best;
• To identify concrete national and local partners for introducing / strengthening dual VET concepts, approaches or elements;
• To identify dual VET concepts, approaches in West Africa (region-wide) for sharing of expertise and experiences and in order to achieve synergies.
Target group / Beneficiaries
The study will be presented to the relevant ministries’ officials - mainly in the Ministry of education and alphabetisation - in Burkina Faso, who took already part in the development of the study. Higher officials can then use the information to develop further policies in the area of dual VET. The study will be published and can therefore be used by other stakeholders in Burkina Faso. The final presentation will be attended by approximately 40 officials, who are the primary target group of the assessment.
As responsibilities, interests and management issues in the field of VET are fragmented among different stakeholders that the assessment adopts an integrated approach.
At least one fact finding mission will take place.
VET is an important cornerstone of Austrian, but also of German, Swiss, and Liechtenstein´s development policies. Therefore, these countries formed the "Donor Committee for dual Vocational Education and Training" (DC dVET). The partners of DC dVET are ADA, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, the Liechtenstein Development Service, and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation. The study will also be shared within this forum.