Beitrag zum Fonds Commun Genre in Burkina Faso
A group of development partners in Burkina Faso has set up a basket fund (FCG, Fonds Commun Genre) to harmonise their support of gender initiatives. The group comprises Canada, Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden, Switzerland, UNDP, UNICEF, UNFPA, UEMOA and Austria. UNFPA ensures the financial and technical management of the fund.
The FCG aims at strengthening gender mainstreaming through a better coordination of the funding of gender activities, better synergies of the various development partners’ support and increased transparency in the management of resources allocated to gender initiatives.
Priority is given to support:
- Networking among civil society organisations,
- Strengthening of technical capacity and advocacy skills by civil society organisations to ensure a more effective participation in the definition, implementation and monitoring of national policies from a gender perspective,
- Strengthening of the political influence by women and civil society organisations promoting equality between men and women,
- Combating gender based violence and sensitisation on the equality of rights of women and men,
- Economic empowerment of women through actions aiming at an improved access to, and control of, productive resources,
- Other initiatives with respect to the implementation of the National Gender Policy.
Projects are supported on the basis of calls for proposals open to public bodies, civil society organisations and the non-profit based private sector.