DAG Pooled Fund - Development Partners' Support to the implementation of Ethiopia's 2nd Growth and Transformation Plan - Phase V
The purpose of this project ("DAG Pooled Fund") is to provide support to the Government in its effort to reduce poverty and to improve the impact of development assistance through enhanced dialogue between the Government and development partners, represented in the Development Assistance Group (DAG).
1. Effective Support to the implementation of the second Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP II) and the SDGs provided.(1 annual GTP II consultation and progress review report that includes disaggregated data, 9 regional an 2 city administration consultations on GTP II progress review, 1 study report on a selected strategic theme, 20.000 copies of GTP II document and policy matrix documents disseminated in English and Amharic)
2. Effective Dialogue between the Government of Ethiopia and DAG is taking place. (2 High-Level-Forums per year, 11 DAG HoA and ExCom meetings per year)
3. Aid Effectiveness and Harmonization Targets achieved. (Aid Management Platform (AMP) rolled out to 10 line ministries, 1 ODA bulletin published using AMP data, 8 sector working groups meet regularly)
Personnel of the National Planning Commission and Bureau of M&E, personnel and focal points of 10 line ministries, personnel of 9 regional and 2 city administrations, Donor members of DAG (total estimated beneficiaries approximately 20.220 persons)
1. Consultation activities on GTP II Annual Progress Review
2. Printing and dissemination of GTP II main document and policy matrix documents in English and Amharic
3. Capacity building regarding procurement and logistics
4. Organise Government of Ethiopia-Partner Dialogue (High Level Forum)
5. Provide technical assistance through the DAG Secretariat
6. Organise Head of Agencies retreat
7. Coordination of the Aid Management Platform (AMP)
8. Experience sharing and trainings for AMP focal points
9. Povide support to sector working groups
Originally designed in 2001 to support the Government's implementation of the first Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper (PRSP), the project is now in its fifth phase and partners have aligned their programming to support the current development plan - the second Growth and Transformation Plan (GTP II) - which is also constructed around the recent internationally-agreed sustainable development goals (SDGs).