Radio Station "All for Peace"
Founded in January 2004, "All for Peace" is a registered not-for-profit organization committed to increasing the positive role media can play in the expansion of democracy and the promoting of peace. Broadcasting in Hebrew, Arabic and English, the radio programs are aimed at Palestinians, Israelis and the international community and provide messages of peace, cooperation, mutual understanding, coexistence and hope. The radio station is the result of a collaborative effort of Israeli and Palestinian organizations and companies, including Biladi - The Jerusalem Times and The Jewish-Arab Center for Peace, Givat Haviva.
The purpose is to serve as a significant agent of change in both communities and to use the media as a peace building tool.
The goals of this unique and innovative 24-hr radio station, which broadcasts on the internet (www.allforpeace.org) and on local radio (107.2FM) include:
- Promoting public policy debate through discussion of common interests such as health, environment, culture, transportation, economy, etc.
- Supporting the peace process by increasing awareness and understanding on key issues and events
- Empowering citizens to take a more active role in the peace process
- Increasing the visibility of Israeli/Palestinian initiatives that provide alternative ideas for conflict resolution
- Breaking down stereotypes of "the other" that exist on both sides
- Providing hope to the listeners and preparing them for 'the morning after'