APPEAR in practice_13: Water, energy and food security in East AfricaDatum: 26.09.2019 Beginn: 17:30 Ende: 19:00 Ort: OeAD, Saal 1, Ebendorferstraße 7, 1010 Wien
APPEAR in practice invites you to the presentation and discussion of the results of the APPEAR project Capacity building on the water-energy-food security nexus through research and training in Kenya and Uganda | CapNex. The interdisciplinary project team from four universities - TU Kenya, Makerere University, BOKU, and TU Wien will give insights into their research, introducing the methodological and practical approaches used and drawing preliminary conclusions on the investigations they conducted in the Ugandan-Kenyan border region. In the subsequent panel discussion, challenges and opportunities of as well as new approaches to researching the water-energy-food security nexus will be discussed, highlighting the perspective of early career researchers. Finally, researchers and students involved in CapNex will give poster presentations on their work.
- Welcome remarks by Erwin Künzi, Austrian Development Agency
- Presentation by Luke Olang (TU Kenya) and Mathew Herrnegger (BOKU)
- Presentation by Jeninah Karungi (Makerere University) and Jakob Lederer (TU Wien)
- Panel discussion: Emerging research on the water-energy-food security nexus - challenges, opportunities, new approaches
- Poster presentations / world café setting