Call for Applications: Support for Agribusinesses Programme - EU Green Agriculture Initiative in Armenia (EU-GAIA)
The Support for Agribusiness Programme (SAP) Call for Applications aims to encourage agribusinesses to switch from traditional to green/organic agriculture and/or to enhance their already existing green/organic farming and processing capacities for improved productivity and increased incomes.
The support for small scale agribusinesses will be provided through agricultural production machinery and equipment, post-harvest and processing equipment and some infrastructural inputs. Successful applicants will also be involved in the capacity building and marketing initiatives of the EU-GAIA project, ensuring their green/organic business projects to have a successful start and progress.
The Call for Applications within the EU-GAIA Project Support for Agribusiness Programme (in Armenian only) is designed in 2 LOTs.
For supporting green agriculture initiatives (LOT 1) in the country, EU-GAIA targets specific value chains (VCs) in the preselected geographical areas. The target Marzes for EU-GAIA project are:
The selected target value chains (VCs) are:
1. Fruits and Berries – including nursery operations, primary production and processing initiatives (juices, preserved, dry or frozen fruits and other byproducts like kernel oils, extracts, aromas etc.)
2. Vegetables – including seedling production, primary production and processing.
For supporting organic agriculture initiatives (LOT 2) in Armenia, EU-GAIA targets all the geographical areas of the country. All organic agribusinesses (including farming, wild collection and agro-processing) will be eligible for support within the scope of the EU-GAIA project. Preference will be given to organic VCs supported within the scope of the previous EU-funded Organic Agriculture Support Initiative (OASI) listed below:
1. Fresh and processed fruits including juices, preserved, dry or frozen fruits and other byproducts (kernel oils, extracts, aroma, etc.)
2. Fresh and processed berries including juices, preserved, dry or frozen berries and other byproducts (kernel oils, extracts, aroma, etc.)
3. Fresh and processed herbs including dried herbs, teas, pharmaceutical herbs, and other byproducts (kernel oils, extracts, aromas etc.)
4. Honey and apiculture products
5. Experimental crops (e.g. wheat, spelt, pulses (chickpeas, beans, and lentils)) and other byproducts.
All interested and eligible agribusinesses are requested to fill in and submit the relevant documents (in Armenian only) which include:
- Annex 2: Application Form
- Annex 3: Business growth plan (for processors only)
- Annex 4: Farm management plan (for farmers only)
- Annex 5: Mayor’s Statement
- Other relevant documents which may include field maps, copies of ownership certificates and other relevant documents (e.g. copy of organic certificate)
- Photos of the current state of implemented green/organic practices by the applying agribusiness will be highly appreciated
The application package must be submitted in a sealed envelope by registered mail, private courier service, to the address below:
EU Green Agriculture Initiative Armenia (EU-GAIA)
c/o Office for Technical Cooperation of the Austrian Embassy, Yerevan
Room 712 – 716, Erebuni Plaza Business Centre
26/1 V. Sargsyan Street, Yerevan 0010, RA
Applications sent by any other means (e.g. by fax or by e-mail) or delivered to other addresses will be rejected.
Applications will be selected per the predefined methodology. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.