Grundfinanzierung ECDPM - Formulation and implementation of development policy in the framework of the European Union
ECDPM is an independent foundation specializing in EU development cooperation, EU trade and EU external action, mainly in relation with Africa. The Centre has built expertise in linking policy and practice with the following unique assets: a non-partisan approach; a clear strategic focus on key thematic policy areas and strategic policy processes; a mutually reinforcing combination of roles and capacity strategies; extensive relations and networks with key actors in the Europe and developing countries; and a strong emphasis on results.
Given this profile and its process-oriented strategic orientation, ECDPM expects to support ADC and other Austrian players in particular in the following ways:
• Facilitating ADC access to the rapidly evolving EU development agenda;
• Sharing independent policy relevant information, analysis and informal advice on EU development and EU partnership relations with developing countries and regions;
• Brokering dialogue between ADC and other relevant Austrian institutions and the various EU and partner institutions (EU Commission, European External Action Service, EU Member States, and non-governmental players (NGO’s, academic institutions, and think tanks);
• Facilitating access to key institutional (African Union, Regional Economic Communities, etc) and non-governmental organisations and networks in the South (think tanks, private sector, local governments, etc);
• Targeted advice on Austrian policy priorities and strategies in the areas of competence and value added of ECDPM.