Programm- und Projektevaluierungen: Qualität und Resultatserzielung
The main purpose of this assignment is twofold: - contributing o an enhanced results orientation and assessment of the effectiveness of ADA funded and/or implemented programmes and projects, and
- enhancing the contribution of PP evaluations at ADA to a better results assessment, including in the context of ADA’s business strategy
The expected results are: - Structured feedback on at least 20 programme and project Evaluation key PP evaluations based on the ADA Guidelines for Programme and Project Evaluations is provided
- A methodology is available and in use to assess and regularly report on the achievement of PP results, based on the findings of programme and project evaluations conducted, in particular the Results Assessment Forms
- A dashboard for quarterly and annual analyses of available Results Assessment Forms (RAFs) is available and in use
Target group / Beneficiaries
The target group are ADA staff at Headquarters and in the field, managing and providing quality assurance to ADA PP evaluations as well as management at ADA and BMEIA working towards enhanced results assessment and effectiveness of Austria's development cooperation activities.
Planned measures include:
- written feedback is provided on key PP evaluation products (Terms of Reference (ToR), Inception Report (IR), Evaluation Report (ER), Results Assessment Forms (RAFs)) are provided in line with the standards set by the ADC Plus Evaluation Policy (2019) and the ADA Guidelines for Programme and Project Evaluations (2020).
- a methodology is developed and tested to assess and regularly report on the achievement of re-sults, based on the findings of programme and project evaluations conducted, in particu-lar the RAFs (degree of results achievement, challenges, facilitating factors).
- a dashboard for quarterly and annual analysis of RAFs is developed, tested and in use.
The Austrian Government Programme 2020-2024 includes a commitment to a well-founded evaluation of the effectiveness (Wirksamkeit) of Austria’s development cooperation activities. Over recent years, ADA’s Evaluation Unit has taken multiple steps to lay the ground for a strengthened results assessment and evidence-base on the effective achievement of results of ADA funded and/or implemented programmes and projects. In 2018, it commissioned a meta-evaluation of PP evaluations to assess strengths and weaknesses and make recommendations on how to enhance the quality of PP evaluations and the assessment of results therein. In 2020, based on the findings of the meta-evaluation , ADA revised its PP Evaluation Guidelines and sub-sequently strengthened the capacities of its staff and implementing partners to commission eval-uations in line with Austria’s and ADA’s evaluation standards . As part of this revision, ADA also updated the results assessment form (RAF), a mandatory annex to all PP evaluation reports, which aims to systematically capture and document the extent to which a programme or project contributes to the achievement of results at different (output, outcome and impact) levels, based upon the evaluation findings. To facilitate the evidence-based and independent assessment of effective results achievement at all levels, it is fundamental to take a renewed and strengthened look at the assessment of results in the context of programmes and projects funded and/or implemented by ADA.