Beratung SADC im Programmdesign GCCA+ im SADC Raum
Technical assistance for the preparation, design and formulation of the Description of Action (DoA) of the Intra ACP Global Climate Change Allinace Plus, GCCA+, in the SADC Region
1. Concept Note and indicative budget: The purpose of the Concept Note is to explain the approach to the implementation and how it is envisaged to deliver on the 6 result areas, the description of the methodology to attain these results, and the implementation modality. The indicative budget should provide a breakdown of the allocated budget for the SADC region across the 6 result areas. The Concept Note is the basis for negotiations with the ACP Secretariat and the EC Brussels.
2. Desciption of Action document: Detailed design of the intervention, including a logframe and budget, clearly following the already provided indicative log frame matrix from the Action Document, and addressing the comments and suggestions received concerning the Concept Note and indicative budget.
3. Terms of References for the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) and its staffing.
The partner in the design of the Intra ACP Global Climate Change Alliance Plus in the SADC Region is the SADC Secretariat with its technical units, the Energy Division, the Water Division, Food, Agriculture and Natural Resources and the Gender Unit.
The target group of the technical assistance are the relevant staff members of the SADC Secretariat and of the public sector of the SADC Member States, in total approximately 350 persons.
- Undertake a comprehensive review and analysis of key strategic documentation in order to have a solid baseline of what is needed initially to formulate the Concept note and indicative budget and thereafter the DoA, and to ensure that this know-how is reflected and part of the work in the DoA.
- Organize and jointly undertake with ADA the kick-off meeting in Gaborone with the SADC Secretariat together with the EC delegation onsite and any other identified key stakeholders.
- Undertake a detailed stakeholder analysis and their possible contributions, added value, collaboration and participation in the project.
- Draft the concept note and indicative budget.
- Organize and conduct a planning workshop for the DoA and any follow-up meetings with the SADC Secretariat and any other agreed relevant stakeholders.
- Draft the description of action, logframe and budget.
- Draft the terms of references for the project implementation unit and its staff and experts.
The Memorandum of Understanding, signed by Austria and SADC in October 2008, aims to steer and enhance good governance for sustainable economic and social growth and to thereby contribute to poverty reduction among SADC Member States. The adverse impacts of climate change are a further major challenge to socio-economic development in ACP countries where action is called upon.
The Africa-EU Strategic Partnership identified the Global Climate Change Alliance as one of the main instruments of cooperation for tackling climate change impact in African countries. Action on climate change was further confirmed as a central area of the Africa-EU Partnership within the Statement of African and EU Ministers on climate change in April 2014.
the second phase of the Intra ACP Global Climate Change Alliance Plus is financed under the 11th European Development Fund and is part of the Intra-ACP Strategy Paper and Indicative Programme 2014 – 2020.