Delivering Together in Support of the 2030 Agenda in Ethiopia (Delivering as One)
A more efficient, effective and cost-effective UN system in Ethiopia under the “Delivering as One” approach in performing a strong advocacy, advisory and technical support role in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Ethiopia.
• Effective implementation of the UN SDG Rollout Action Plan supporting promotion and sensitization, localization, financing, monitoring and reporting on the SDGs.
• Strengthened integration of the development, humanitarian and peace & security dimensions of the 29 UN agencies' work in Ethiopia, with a focus on resilience building against recurrent climate-change induced crises.
• Effective UN support to Ethiopia’s preparations and follow up to international development and humanitarian conferences and to using UN norms, standards and principles including a human rights-based approach as the foundation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs.
• Successful implementation of the UN Business Operations Strategy 2016-2020 resulting in improved business coherence, efficiencies and cost savings.
• Effective communication of UN system strategic positioning, results and development impact, including through comprehensive annual UN Country Results Report.
Specific target groups are identified by each of the 29 UN agencies in Ethiopia in line with the UN Development Assistance Framework for Ethiopia (UNDAF). Taking as reference the outcome of the UNDAF referring to access to social protection programmes, interventions and services for the poor, vulnerable and excluded, the project indirectly targets 15% of the population, corresponding to approximately 14.850.000 persons.
1. Rollout of SDG Action Plan for Ethiopia
2. Provide dedicated senior expertise to support better integrated agendas, programmatic linkages and synergies and innovative cross-border initiatives.
3. Publications, trainings and support in follow-up actions of global summits and conferences
4. Harmonization of UN business operations and common services
5. Documentation and dissemination to key audiences, strengthening of media relationships.
Delivering as One (DaO) is a UN initiative aiming at better coordination of the UN and making it more efficient and effective. Within Ethiopia, the UN aims to achieve this objective one leader, one programme, one budget framework, one voice and one house /shared common services.
The UN is tasked to continue advancing the UN coherence agenda and promote the achievement of the SDGs through strengthening integration between the development/humanitarian/human rights and peace and security pillars of the UN’s work, as well as the normative-operational linkages, and broad-based partnerships to rally all stakeholders behind the goal of leaving no one behind.