Haiti Eqarthquake Recovery Program
This funding contract is in contribution to a larger Austrian /German Red Cross Program which contributes to recovery, rehabilitation and rebuilding efforts in Haiti after the earthquake of January 12, 2010. The program focuses on the recovery of communities in the earthquake affected area West of Port auf Prince and aims to directly benefit 3.000 families, i.e. 15.000 people.
The key results the intervention aims to achieve are:
1. Earthquake-affected families are provided with transitional shelters
2. Earthquake-affected families are supported to reconstruct their houses
3. In the selected villages, the risk of water-related diseases is reduced.
4. Selected communal or social infrastructure is reconstructed
5. The coping mechanism of the selected communities and the local Red Cross is strengthened