Institutional Support to the National Demining Institute in Mozambique
In cooperation with the Swiss Foundation for Demining (FSD), the project aims at the institutional strengthening and capacity building of the "INSTITUTO NACIONAL DE DESMINAGEM" (IND) in Mozambique, particlularly its "DELEGACAO REGIONAL CENTRO" (DRC) in Beira. The DRC's area of responsibility are the 3 Provinces located in the centre of Mozambique, namely Sofala, Manica and Tete.
The project has the following key objectives:
1) Capacity Building:
- Strengthening the Regional Office's management and role in the central region;
- Enhancing planning and coordination with provincial government and field operators;
- Strengthening field activities on all levels.
2) Quality Assurance:
- Enhancing operational activities and coordination with all operators;
- Enhancing management, tasking and reporting of the Quality Assurance team;
- Addressing Mine Action non-conformities;
- Supporting and improving mine clearance technical performance and outputs;
- Maintaining professional, complete and transparent accounts.
3) Mine Risk Education:
- Re-launching and enhancing a comprehensive mine risk education program throughout the 3 central provinces.