Primary School Health Programme
Projektträger: AMREF Austria - Gesellschaft für Medizin und Forschung in Afrika Land: Uganda Fördersumme: € 16.209,85 Beginn: 01.01.2002 Ende: 31.12.2005
The project will be part of the ongoing health improvement initiatives of AMREF/district Health services in Kisoro district. Its purpose is to improve the health status of school children through provision of accurate information on causes and spread of diseases and their prevention through child-to child and peer education approaches. As change agents, the children will promote good health practices in the homes and the community at large.
1. Effective Teaching of Health Education
2. Screening, Treating and Referrring School Children for Health Care
3. Nutritional Education and Demonstration
4. Healthy School Environment
5. Initiatives by Youth for Disease Prevention and Health Promotion