Provision of Technical Assistance in Monitoring of Programme Implementation in South Africa
The objective of this exercise is to provide technical assistance to the ADA for programme monitoring on the engagement of the Austrian Development Co-operation in South Africa.
The project activities to be undertaken include:
1. technical assistance in project monitoring on the level of project implementation
2. technical assistance in programme monitoring on the level of programme implementation
3. upon specific delegation representation of the Austrian Development Co-operation on the level of policy dialog with the Government of South Africa and donors' harmonisation.
The outputs of the exercise are:
1. country sector situations are analysed and new sector strategies and policies are formulated
2. new approaches, ideas and projects are identified and developed and the tendering processes including calls for proposals and co-financing are successfully held
3. the quality of project implementation is ensured in terms of compliance with country policy aims, project aims and with guidelines concerning certain instruments and coherence with projects of other sectors and donors
4. a dialogue and co-ordination in respect of the sector concerned is taking place and leads to the above mentioned coherence
5. a comprehensive sectoral intervention takes place which leads to positive impacts with respect to poverty reduction.