Verlängerung Associate Expert UNDESA - Monika Fröhler
Within delegated authority the UN-DESA Associate Expert Monika Fröhler will work under supervision of the Chief Operating Officer of the Secretary-General Sustainable Energy For All.
The Associate Expert will be focussing on assisting and supporting the Sustainable Energy For All Initiative (SE4All) as described in detail in the Terms of References, mainly:
1) assist with the work planning for the Initiative
2) assist in the preparation of analyses and review reports
3) Assist in formulating project proposals and developing of concepts
4) assist with internal and external communications
5) prepares minutes of meetings with action points for follow up
6) participates in meetings, conferences and seminars
All regions and countries which are partner with SE4All
In September 2011, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon shared his vision for making sustainable energy for all a reality by 2030. He launched Sustainable Energy for All as a global initiative that would mobilize action from all sectors of society in support of three interlinked objectives:
1) providing universal access to modern energy services;
2) doubling the global rate of improvement in energy efficiency; and
3) doubling the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix.
Sustainable Energy for All has generated significant momentum since its launch. Actually the Initiative is also the driving force to implement the SDG-target number 7 for energy.
So far, Governments from 106 countries and the European Union have partnered with SE4All to advance the three objectives on the country level.
In 2015, Austria had been confirmed to host the SE4all secretariat in Vienna.