WPHF - Women´s Peace and Humanitarian Fund -Technical Assistance
The project’s objective is to provide the Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund’s (WPHF) programme in Africa and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region with the necessary expertise and resources for effective coordination and implementation of the WPHF regular funding cycle as well as contribution to global processes such as Beijing +25 and UNSCR1325+20 through the recruitment of an expert for two years.
- The WPHF Regular Funding Cycle in Africa and the MENA region is well coordinated, the overall programme portfolio development is implemented according to WPHF`s priorities;
- Coordination with UN Country Offices and other stakeholders is guided and facilitated, potential problems are raised and solutions suggested;
- Monitoring and support on reporting on the WPHF Regular Funding is assured, all necessary information on programmes and projects are gathered and compiled from planning to the evaluation stage;
- Partnerships with civil society and key stakeholders such as governments, UN entities, women´s movements and donor community are built; substantive input to WPHF`s #1000WomenLeaders Campaign is provided.
- Development of resource mobilization strategies is supported.
- Advocacy for knowledge building, management and communication is facilitated, including input for the WPHF peer exchange programme.
The expert will support WPHF grantees in Sub-Sahara Africa and MENA region.
The number of direct beneficiaries is approximately 200 projects supporting local civil society organizations, indirect beneficiaries is estimated at 700,000 women and girls.
Geographic focus of the future portfolio will be countries in Sub-Sahara (potentially 11 countries, including ADA focus countries such as Uganda and Ethiopia) and about 5 countries in the MENA region.
- Coordination of activities for timely and quality implementation for the portfolio (set workplans, timelines, budgets)
- Support of the launch for calls for proposals
- Review of project proposals by applicants
- Monitoring of selected projects and conducting field missions
- Communications on grantees’ results
- Capacity building for grantees;
- Drafting policy and programmatic papers for the Fund
- Contribution to meetings, report and papers from the WPHF Secretariat
- Regular coordination with partners and stakeholders
- Continued resource mobilization for WPHF
- Circulation of enhanced best practices and lessons learned documentation
The Women’s Peace and Humanitarian Fund (WPHF) is looking for an expert to support the Fund in Sub-Sahara Africa and the MENA region, in the context of both the 20th anniversary of UNSCR1325, and of the significant growth that it is currently experiencing on the continent.
WPHF is a partnership between the UN, member states and civil society which aims to support women’s meaningful participation in peace and security and humanitarian contexts. Since it was launched in 2016, the WPHF has been supporting 450 civil society organizations working in 26 countries. By 2022, the WPHF had a portfolio of USD 90 Mio, out of which only in 2021 USD 37,2 Mio. ADA supported WPHF activities in the past with a total of EUR 6,85 Mio (Iraq, Uganda, Rapid Response Window). Further support to the WPHF fund amounting to EUR 8 Mio for 4 years is envisaged (2880-00/2022). Technical assistance was supported from 2020-2022 (2757-01/2019).