Contribution to the UNHCR Supplementary Appeal for Internally Displaced People in Ukraine
ECDPM is an independent foundation specialising in EU development cooperation, EU trade and EU external action, mainly in relation with Africa. The Centre has built expertise in linking policy and practice with the following unique assets: a non-partisan approach; a clear strategic focus on key thematic policy areas and strategic policy processes; a mutually reinforcing combination of roles and capacity strategies; extensive relations with key actors in Europe and developing countries; and a strong emphasis on results.
ECDPM expects to support ADC and other Austrian players in particular in the following ways:
• Facilitating ADC access to the rapidly evolving EU development agenda;
• Sharing independent policy relevant information, analysis and informal advice on EU development and EU partnership relations with developing countries and regions;
• Brokering dialogue between ADC and other relevant Austrian institutions and the various EU and partner institutions (EU Commission, European External Action Service, EU Member States, and non-governmental players, including NGO’s, academic institutions, and think tanks);
• Facilitating access to key institutional (African Union, Regional Economic Communities, etc) and non-governmental organisations and networks in the South (think tanks, private sector, etc);
• Targeted advice on Austrian policy priorities and strategies in the areas of competence and value added of ECDPM.
As institutional funder, Austria will have free access to all ECDPM publications and sources of information. ECDPM publications will be sent to 60 contacts in the Austrian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Permanent Representation of Austria to the EU, various Austrian embassies, Austrian universities and policy research institutes and organisations of civil society. ECDPM will also maintain regular monthly contacts with the staff of ADA, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Permanent Representation to the EU.