Support to the Government of Albania for implementing the EU Gender Equality acquis
The overall goal is to support the Government of Albania (GoA) in implementing the EU Gender Equality Acquis. Main stakeholders are the Ministry of Social Welfare and Youth, the National Council for Gender Equality, the Prime Minister’s Office and the Ministry of European Integration. Activities focus on increasing the absorption capacity through coaching, training, guidance and advice; the use of gender statistics; and preparation of draft proposals for submission to the EU.
Direct beneficiaries are primarily government staff, incl. sector working groups, gender equality employees and EUD task managers. The total number of direct beneficiaries can be estimated to be 160 individuals. The Gender Facility seeks to influence two key reform initiatives, the Employment and Skills, and Public Administration reform priorities that are expected to impact on 700,000 citizens in the coming decade.
• 4 government strategies and respective action plans consistently reflect gender sensitivity
• 2 IPA fiches reflect alignment with EU directives on gender mainstreaming and equal opportunities
• 6 topic-specific gender recommendations and briefs provided to decision makers
• 2 events for exchanging best practice of implementing the EU gender equality agenda
• 1 gender training module provided to the EU Delegation
In a separate agreement, ADA will second an international Gender Specialist acting as Team Leader to coordinate, oversee and monitor all activities and to provide guidance such as:
• Support UN Women and GoA in the transposition and adoption of the EU Gender Equality Acquis in practice at central and municipal level
• Ensure gender mainstreaming in government sector strategies
• Liaise with GoA partners
• Coordinate with IPA II Project Preparation Facility and engage in donor coordination
• Communicate progress and coordinate with the EU Delegation
• Identify best practice in gender mainstreaming in sector reform.